Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Wish, I Wish Upon a........

Street light, low angle view

Last night was just crazy! Wade and I both had meetings at 7pm, which happens to be clean-up dinner/ bath time. So, I planned ahead and made a stew in the crock pot. Dinner at 5pm, bath right after, jammies (Not Nate of course...he announces to everyone that he sleeps in his underwear and so he couldn't wear his jammies to the meeting) and a bag of tricks to keep them entertained at my meeting. Yes, all three at my meeting, while I take minutes. I head out the door in order to get to my meeting a few minutes early and get them situated. As we are walking to the car Nate says, "Mom....the big star!" He then busts into a song, "I wish, I wish upon a star...."you get the point. So we get into the car and head down the road. Jake starts saying from his seat, "I wish, I wish upon a star.....!" When Nate pipes up and starts in on...you can't wish on that one I already wished on that star, only one person can wish on a star at a time...la, la, la. So Jake starts again..."I wish, I wish upon a star...." Nate getting really annoyed says, "Jake there is only one star and I already wished on it" (It was dusk, really only one star so far). Jake gets really upset and points out the window..."NATE I am wishing on that star!" I stop the car to try and see the direction he is pointing. Well, Nate is starting to really catch on to things and is pretty witty. About the time I figured out what "star" Jake was pointing at. Nate busts into song again..." I wish, I wish upon a LAMP POST!" He, he, he!

No comments:

Post a Comment